Tofino, Ucluelet, and the Pacific Rim Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Tofino may be the birthplace of North American storm watching, but the winter's roiling waves serve as just one of many lures to the Pacific Northwest's wildest coastline. Exquisite tide pooling, surfing, and the potential to see some of the continent's largest sea mammals lure thousands of visitors to Pacific Rim National Park Reserve, sleepy Ucluelet, and Tofino, Canada's premier surfer village.
Prices for lodging and dining are relatively high for such a remote destination. Rates vary widely through the seasons, winter being the lowest: luxury...read more
Vancouver Islanders are often credited with starting the recent "locavore" movement. Wild salmon, locally made artisanal cheeses, Pacific oysters, forest-foraged...read more
Things To Do in Tofino, Ucluelet, and the Pacific Rim
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $135 -- Toronto 4-Diamond Stay w/Ticket to Any Toronto Event The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
- $204 & up -- 4-Star Toronto Hotel, Pay Birth Year for 2nd Nt Sheraton Centre Toronto
- $156 -- Calgary 4-Diamond Summer Stay on Weekends, $120 Off — $156 Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
MAR.: The Pacific Rim Whale Festival marks the spring migration of as many as 22,000 Pacific gray whales between Mexico and the Arctic, with craft... Read more
No one's really sure when the concept of "bad weather" morphed into "good weather," but on the tourism-friendly Pacific Rim, nasty storms are... Read more
The waters might be chilly but Tofino has skimmed its way onto the international surfing map for several reasons. The curvaceous hard-sand beaches... Read more
Whether as an ending to a South American tour or as a trip of solely outdoor adventures, Patagonia calls... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I am trying organize a boating trip for our family of five. Read more
Victoria with Teen Girls
In July, we did a Girl Scout trip with several high school girls, staying at a local Girl Scout property.
Day 1: After a beautiful crossing, we arrived in Victoria. Bought groceries Read more