The Terrace at Mission Hill
The Terrace at Mission Hill Review
With its panoramic views across the vineyards and the lake, this outdoor eatery at the Mission Hill Family Estate is a winner for alfresco dining. It's tough to compete with such a classic wine-country locale, but the innovative kitchen here is up to the task. You might start with a simple salad of perfectly ripe tomatoes and locally made feta cheese, or a tart of duck prosciutto, leeks, and potatoes before moving on to pan-seared sablefish paired with a pea purée, or braised venison with figs. Every item is matched with an appropriate wine. Stay a while to enjoy a tasting plate of cheeses or a decadent assortment of chocolate creations. If the weather's cool, there are heaters and blankets. If the weather's inclement, service stops.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's