Okanagan Wine Country Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Okanagan Wine Country Restaurant Reviews
Like the California wine regions, Okanagan has attracted gourmands and the restaurants reflect that. They also benefit from the amazing fruit harvest here. From summer to fall, every month reaps a harvest of different fruits, from cherries and plums to nectarines, peaches, and several varieties of apples.
The wine industry has added a quiet sophistication with the development of higher-end lodgings and boutique inns geared to wine-and-food lovers. This means that from July to September you need to reserve early, especially if you're planning on visiting on a weekend. The Kelowna region is more urban (and less picturesque), but it has a greater range of accommodations and other services. The Naramata and Oliver/Osoyoos areas are both prettier and more rural.
Browse Okanagan Wine Country Restaurants
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe