Prince of Wales Hotel
At a Glance
- spectacular view
- historic property
- bellmen wear kilts
- very rustic rooms
- no TV
- no a/c
Check Rates from our Partners
Prince of Wales Hotel Review
Perched between two lakes, with a high mountain backdrop, this hotel has the best view in town. A high steeple crowns the building, which is fantastically ornamented with eaves, balconies, and turrets. The two-story windows in the lobby have stunning views of the valley and the townsite. Even if you don't choose to stay in the hotel, you should stop by and visit the well-stocked gift shop or enjoy afternoon tea, which is served in the lobby daily. Expect creaks and rattles at night—the old hotel, built in the 1920s, is exposed to rough winds. The hotel rooms could use some renovations. Rates decrease by about 25% off-season.
- Address: Off Hwy. 5; access road is opposite the Waterton Information Center, Waterton Lakes National Park, AB | Map It
- Phone: 406/756-2444; 403/859-2231 mid-May-late Sept.
- Website: www.glacierparkinc.com
- Location: Waterton Lakes National Park
- 86 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed late Sept.--mid-May.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $227* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Baltimore (One Way) Air Canada
- $649 & up -- 7-Night New England Cruise on Holland America American Express Travel
The Canadian Rockies had been high on my list for years, and I could hardly believe my good luck when I was invited to present a workshop there in conjunction with the Canmore Folk Festival. Read more
This is about travel to Canmore and Banff, but the primary purpose of the trip was skiing, so apologies to those not interested in the ski specific comments below:
Several years ago, DD3 broke a bone Read more
I am in a dilema and need some sensible comments about our trip this summer to Vancouver. Read more
· News & Features
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side,... Read more
A sculpture of a Greek goddess welcomes you in from the streets of London's Soho neighborhood.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more