Prince of Wales Hotel
At a Glance
- spectacular view
- historic property
- bellmen wear kilts
- very rustic rooms
- no TV
- no a/c
Prince of Wales Hotel Review
Perched between two lakes, with a high mountain backdrop, this hotel has the best view in town. A high steeple crowns the building, which is fantastically ornamented with eaves, balconies, and turrets. The two-story windows in the lobby have stunning views of the valley and the townsite. Even if you don't choose to stay in the hotel, you should stop by and visit the well-stocked gift shop or enjoy afternoon tea, which is served in the lobby daily. Expect creaks and rattles at night—the old hotel, built in the 1920s, is exposed to rough winds. The hotel rooms could use some renovations. Rates decrease by about 25% off-season.
- Address: Off Hwy. 5; access road opposite Waterton Information Centre, Waterton Lakes National Park, AB | Map It
- Phone: 406/756–2444; 403/859–2231 mid-May–late Sept.
- Website: www.glacierparkinc.com
- Location: Waterton Lakes National Park
- 86 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed late Sept.–mid-May.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Finally got to take our long-awaited trip to Banff and Jasper, after having to cancel our original plans in June (right during the flooding.) I will try to be brief and cover just the highlights.
Who: Read more
- Booked a regional jet from SFO to Calgary through United, which is run by SkyWest. Read more
just a word of warning if anyone is coming in the next couple of days...the entire province is experiencing a massive storm. many flight cancellations / delays, road closures, HORRIBLE driving conditions. Read more
· News & Features
With Art Basel Miami now in town, it's prime time to consider the 7 reasons why you should be taking a... Read more
New York City offers irresistible retail therapy during the holiday season.... Read more
Next year, crazed soccer fans the world will descend upon Brazil, host of the 2014 World Cup.... Read more