Prince of Wales Hotel
At a Glance
- spectacular view
- historic property
- bellmen wear kilts
- very rustic rooms
- no TV
- no a/c
Check Rates from our Partners
Prince of Wales Hotel Review
Perched between two lakes, with a high mountain backdrop, this hotel has the best view in town. A high steeple crowns the building, which is fantastically ornamented with eaves, balconies, and turrets. The two-story windows in the lobby have stunning views of the valley and the townsite. Even if you don't choose to stay in the hotel, you should stop by and visit the well-stocked gift shop or enjoy afternoon tea, which is served in the lobby daily. Expect creaks and rattles at night—the old hotel, built in the 1920s, is exposed to rough winds. The hotel rooms could use some renovations. Rates decrease by about 25% off-season.
- Address: Off Hwy. 5; access road opposite Waterton Information Centre, Waterton Lakes National Park, AB | Map It
- Phone: 406/756–2444; 403/859–2231 mid-May–late Sept.
- Website: www.glacierparkinc.com
- Location: Waterton Lakes National Park
- 86 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed late Sept.–mid-May.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Finally got to take our long-awaited trip to Banff and Jasper, after having to cancel our original plans in June (right during the flooding.) I will try to be brief and cover just the highlights.
Who: Read more
- Booked a regional jet from SFO to Calgary through United, which is run by SkyWest. Read more
I heard a lot about Waterton National Park, and planning to pay a visit there in month of August (solo).
What do you all say about that,Any tips for the transportation to reach there as i am planning from Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more