Swimming in Waterton Lakes National Park
Waterton Lakes. These lakes are chilly year-round, but they are still a great place to cool off after a long hot day of hiking. Most visitors can only handle dipping a toe or two, some wade, and a few brave souls join the "polar bear club" and submerse themselves completely. Waterton Townsite, AB.
Waterton Health Club. This club, at the Waterton Lakes Lodge Resort, has an 18-meter (56-foot) saltwater pool, a hot tub, a sauna, and a gym. Guests of the lodge can use the facilities for free, but if you are staying elsewhere in the park you can purchase a pass. A one-week membership to the facility will cost C$18.90. The facilities are open 9 to 9 daily, and towels are provided. 101 Clematis Ave., Waterton Townsite, AB, T0K 2M0. 403/859-2150 or 888/985–6343. watertonlakeslodge.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's