Swimming in Waterton Lakes National Park
Waterton Lakes. These lakes are chilly year-round, but they are still a great place to cool off after a long hot day of hiking. Most visitors wade, but a few join the "polar bear club" and get completely submersed. Along the shoreline, Waterton Townsite, AB.
Waterton Health Club. This club, at the Waterton Lakes Lodge Resort, has an 18-meter (56-foot) saltwater pool, a hot tub, a sauna, and a gym. Guests of the lodge can use the facilities for free, but if you are staying elsewhere in the park you can purchase a pass. A one-week membership to the facility will cost C$18. The facilities are open 9 am to 9 pm daily, and towels are provided. 101 Clematis Ave., Waterton Townsite, AB. 403/859-2150.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $77.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Lethbridge Hotwire
- Small budget: Stay in Lethbridge this May Fr $132+/Nt Expedia
- Super 8 Lethbridge on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $143+/Nt — $143 Expedia
- 7-Day Advance Purchase Special: Premier Inn And Suites in May — $98 Save with Expedia, $16/night less
- Holiday Inn Express Lethbridge in May: $143 & Up — $143 Expedia