Horseback Riding in Waterton Lakes National Park
Rolling hills, grasslands, and rugged mountains make riding in Waterton Lakes a real pleasure. Scenery, wildlife, and wildflowers are easily viewed from the saddle and many of the park trails allow horses.
Outfitters and Expeditions
Alpine Stables. At these stables you can arrange hour-long trail rides and all-day guided excursions within the park as well as multiday pack trips through the foothills of the Rockies. Waterton Lakes National Park, AB, T0K 2M0. 403/859–2462 May–Sept.; 403/653–2449 Oct.–Apr. www.alpinestables.com. C$38 to C$150. May–Sept.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's