Boating in Waterton Lakes National Park
Nonmotorized boats can be rented at Cameron Lake in summer; private craft can be used on Upper and Middle Waterton lakes.
Outfitters and Expeditions
Waterton Inter-Nation Shoreline Cruise Co.. This company's two-hour round-trip boat tour along Upper Waterton Lake from Waterton Townsite to Goat Haunt Ranger Station is one of the most popular activities in Waterton. (Note that because Goat Haunt is in the United States, you must clear customs if you want to stay at Goat Haunt and hike into Glacier from there.) The narrated tour passes scenic bays, sheer cliffs, and snow-clad peaks. Waterton Townsite Marina, on the northwest corner of Waterton Lake near the Bayshore Inn, Waterton Lakes National Park, AB. 403/859–2362. www.watertoncruise.com. C$40. May–early Oct., cruises several times daily.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's