Jasper Information Centre
Jasper Information Centre Review
A registered National Historic Site, this information center is in Jasper Townsite and is worth a stop even if you don't need advice. Completed in 1914, this building is constructed of cobblestone and timber and is one of the finest examples of rustic architecture in Canada's national parks. Inside you will find Tourism Jasper travel counselors as well as Parks Canada staff. You can pick up maps, informative brochures, and other materials to help you explore the parks and its trails. Tourism Jasper can provide advice and assistance with tour operators, restaurants, and accommodations. A small gift shop and restroom facilities are also inside the building. Parks Canada also operates an information desk at the Icefields Centre, 103 km (64 miles) south of Jasper Townsite.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Finally got to take our long-awaited trip to Banff and Jasper, after having to cancel our original plans in June (right during the flooding.) I will try to be brief and cover just the highlights.
Who: Read more
- Booked a regional jet from SFO to Calgary through United, which is run by SkyWest. Read more
I am travelling to Banff for the first time in January 2015 as a couple (both 21) we plan on staying for 10 nights and skiing for 7 days while we are there. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more