At a Glance
- secluded setting
- cute log cabins
- good restaurant
- 5-km (3-mile) drive into town
- trains pass behind the property
Check Rates from our Partners
Becker's Chalets Review
On the Icefields Parkway, this family-run log-cabin resort is set in a picturesque forest along the shores of the Athabasca River. Accommodations range from one-bedroom cottages to four-room chalets, and all have fireplaces and kitchenettes. There are also some inexpensive motel-style rooms and an on-site restaurant. The cabins next to the river have lovely views. There's a playground outside.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Finally got to take our long-awaited trip to Banff and Jasper, after having to cancel our original plans in June (right during the flooding.) I will try to be brief and cover just the highlights.
Who: Read more
- Booked a regional jet from SFO to Calgary through United, which is run by SkyWest. Read more
We're a 2 adult, 2 kid (boy 6, girl 3) Canadian (GTA) family wanting to camp (tent trailer) west to BC to visit friends. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand.... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more