Jasper Tramway Review
The Jasper Tramway whisks you 3,191 vertical feet up the steep flank of Whistlers Mountain to an impressive overlook of the townsite and the surrounding mountains. The seven-minute ride takes you to the upper station, above the tree line (be sure to bring warm clothes). A 30- to 45-minute hike from here leads to the summit, which is 8,085 feet above sea level. Several unmarked trails lead through the alpine meadows beyond.
- Address: Whistlers Mountain Rd., 3 km (2 miles) south of Jasper off Hwy. 93, Jasper National Park, AB | Map It
- Phone: 780/852–3093
- Cost: C$32 round-trip
- Hours: June–early Sept., daily 9–8; Apr., May, and early Sept.–Oct., daily 10–5
- Website: www.jaspertramway.com
- Location: Jasper National Park
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Finally got to take our long-awaited trip to Banff and Jasper, after having to cancel our original plans in June (right during the flooding.) I will try to be brief and cover just the highlights.
Who: Read more
- Booked a regional jet from SFO to Calgary through United, which is run by SkyWest. Read more
I am travelling to Banff for the first time in January 2015 as a couple (both 21) we plan on staying for 10 nights and skiing for 7 days while we are there. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more