Winter Sports in Jasper National Park
With more than 300-km (186 mi) of trails, Jasper is one of the largest cross-country ski areas in Canada. There is a wide choice of groomed and natural trails for skiing and snowshoeing, and equipment and local guides can be arranged through local ski shops. Current cross-country ski information is available at the park visitor center. Pyramid Lake and Patricia Lake. This pair of pretty lakes has excellent groomed cross-country trails. Pyramid Lake Rd., Jasper National Park, AB, T0E 1E0.
Marmot Basin. Near Jasper, Marmot Basin has the longest high-speed quad chair in the Alberta Canadian Rockies. The resort inludes a wide mix of downhill skiing terrain (75 runs, nine lifts, and a terrain park with all the toys), and the slopes are a little less crowded than those around Banff, especially on weekdays. There are three day lodges, two of which are at mid-mountain. Hwy. 93A, Jasper National Park, AB, T0E 1E0. 780/852-3816 or 866/952-3816. www.skimarmot.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $156 -- Calgary 4-Diamond Summer Stay on Weekends, $120 Off Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire