One of the most beautifully sited cities in the world, Vancouver is much more than a pretty layover for Alaskan cruises. The Pacific Ocean and the mountains of the North Shore form a dramatic backdrop to the gleaming towers of commerce downtown. Vancouver is a new city when compared to others but one that's rich in culture and diversity. Indeed, it's become a hot destination—so hot that it's been chosen, with Whistler, to host the 2010 Winter Olympic Games. The arts scene bubbles in summer, when the city stages most of its film, music, and theater festivals. You'll also find opera, ballet, and symphony, as well as plenty of nightlife and an equally vibrant and diverse cuisine scene.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's