When to Go
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
When to Go
From June through September you're likely to encounter more festivals and the greatest number of open lodgings (some close seasonally). Spring and fall months offer a more tranquil experience for travelers, and September can be particularly rewarding, with a combination of warm weather and some autumn foliage. Although winter can be cold, it's also a magical time to visit, with plenty of fluffy white snow and clear starry night skies that provide good views of the northern lights—visible from mid-August to early April. Winter is also ideal for outdoor sports like skiing, pond skating, or dogsledding.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's