- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fort Calgary Historic Park
Fort Calgary Historic Park Review
The fort was established in 1875 at the confluence of the Bow and Elbow rivers by the North West Mounted Police. Designed to stop Montana whiskey traders from selling alcohol to the locals, it remained in operation until 1914. The Interpretive Centre here traces the history of the First Nations people, Mounties, and European settlers with the aid of artifacts, audiovisual displays, and interpretive walks. Deane House Restaurant, next to Fort Calgary, is a nice place to stop for lunch. It's the restored 1906 fort superintendent's house. The Hunt House, directly behind the restaurant, was built in 1876 and is believed to be Calgary's oldest building.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Finally got to take our long-awaited trip to Banff and Jasper, after having to cancel our original plans in June (right during the flooding.) I will try to be brief and cover just the highlights.
Who: Read more
- Booked a regional jet from SFO to Calgary through United, which is run by SkyWest. Read more
I heard a lot about Waterton National Park, and planning to pay a visit there in month of August (solo).
What do you all say about that,Any tips for the transportation to reach there as i am planning from Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more