- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Canada Olympic Park
Canada Olympic Park Review
The site of the 1988 Winter Olympics is a year-round attraction. A one-hour bus tour goes over, under, around, and through the 89- and 114-meter ski jumps and the bobsled and luge tracks (in summer you have the option of walking down the slopes) and also takes you to the Ice House, a year-round training facility for world-class competitors. Olympic athletes training at the facility often lead the guided tours. In winter the slopes are open to the public for skiing and snowboarding; lessons are available. A day lodge with a cafeteria and the Olympic Hall of Fame are on the premises.
- Address: 88 Olympic Rd. SW, Aspen Village, Calgary, AB | Map It
- Phone: 403/247–5452
- Cost: Free, excluding activities; tours C$10–C$15
- Hours: Mid-May–early Nov., daily 8 am–9 pm; early Nov.–late Mar., weekdays 9–9, weekends 9–5; call for tour, Olympic Hall of Fame, and late Mar.–mid-May hrs
- Website: www.canadaolympicpark.ca
- Location: Greater Calgary
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Finally got to take our long-awaited trip to Banff and Jasper, after having to cancel our original plans in June (right during the flooding.) I will try to be brief and cover just the highlights.
Who: Read more
- Booked a regional jet from SFO to Calgary through United, which is run by SkyWest. Read more
I heard a lot about Waterton National Park, and planning to pay a visit there in month of August (solo).
What do you all say about that,Any tips for the transportation to reach there as i am planning from Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more