Horseback Riding in Calgary
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Take advantage of the region's cowboy heritage and go horseback riding. Saddle Peak Trail Rides runs assorted horseback trips, from one-hour trail rides around the ranch to four-day wilderness pack excursions. The ranch is about 70 km (44 mi) west of Calgary; check the Web site or call for directions. Reservations are essential. Box 1463, Cochrane, AB, TC4 1B4. 403/932-3299. www.saddle-peak.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $156 -- Calgary 4-Diamond Summer Stay on Weekends, $120 Off Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire