Fishing in Calgary
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Bow River is an international fly-fishing destination with a self-sustained population of 2,500 trout per mile in some regions. Fish Tales Fly Shop & Guide Service is a local fly-fishing shop that also conducts guided fly-fishing trips for trout on the Bow River and other streams. 403/640-1273. www.fishtales.ca.
University of Calgary Outdoor Centre has equipment rentals and offers beginner and intermediate fly fishing courses during the summer months. 2500 University Dr. NW, University District, Calgary, AB. 403/220-5038. www.calgaryoutdoorcentre.ca.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $227* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Baltimore (One Way) Air Canada
- $649 & up -- 7-Night New England Cruise on Holland America American Express Travel
- $115* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Boston (One Way) — $115 Air Canada
- $227* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Nashville (One Way) — $227 Air Canada