- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Buffalo Mountain Lodge
At a Glance
- Roam bus stop across the street
- friendly service
- fireplaces and hot tub
- great on-site restaurant
- not in Banff Townsite
- chairs could be more comfortable
- rooms are dark and could use updating
Check Rates from our Partners
Buffalo Mountain Lodge Review
Five minutes up Tunnel Moutain Road, just outside of Banff Townsite, this motel-turned-lodge is a great mid-range option in the area. The claw-foot tub and heated slate floors in the bathroom add elegance to the premier rooms. All rooms, however, have wood-burning stone fireplaces. The pillowtop mattressess and down pillows are plush and comfortable. Some rooms have exposed pine beams and skylights, and are decorated with mountain scenes in a rustic style. Rooms can be a bit dark, but screened-in balconies are a nice place to kick back at the end of the day. A stainless-steel hot tub and fine-dining restaurant, Sleeping Buffalo ($$$), on site are perks. The Douglas Fir Resort next door has a small convenience store that is handy for (slightly overpriced) last-minute necessities.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Finally got to take our long-awaited trip to Banff and Jasper, after having to cancel our original plans in June (right during the flooding.) I will try to be brief and cover just the highlights.
Who: Read more
- Booked a regional jet from SFO to Calgary through United, which is run by SkyWest. Read more
I heard a lot about Waterton National Park, and planning to pay a visit there in month of August (solo).
What do you all say about that,Any tips for the transportation to reach there as i am planning from Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more