- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Trough Dining Co.
The Trough Dining Co. Review
Fine dining without the attitude is the theme for this intimate Canmore restaurant with hardwood floors, a glass waterfall, and orange terra-cotta walls. The Trough has an ever-changing menu that features fresh, locally grown ingredients that are carefully prepared and creatively displayed. Signature items that appear often on Trough menus include the bruschetta appetizer and the jerk spiced Alberta baby back ribs. Slow cooking is the norm—the ribs are marinated for four days. There's a good selection of wines, and a palate-cleansing sorbet is served between the appetizer and the main course. If you choose to dine on the outdoor patio and get a touch chilly, your server can provide a fleece blanket.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Finally got to take our long-awaited trip to Banff and Jasper, after having to cancel our original plans in June (right during the flooding.) I will try to be brief and cover just the highlights.
Who: Read more
- Booked a regional jet from SFO to Calgary through United, which is run by SkyWest. Read more
We're a 2 adult, 2 kid (boy 6, girl 3) Canadian (GTA) family wanting to camp (tent trailer) west to BC to visit friends. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand.... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more