- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Sleeping Buffalo
The Sleeping Buffalo Review
Located in the main building of the Buffalo Mountain Lodge, this rustic dining room serves Rocky Mountain cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner made from fresh berries, regional vegetables, fresh herbs, wild game, and locally produced meats. Historic photos and native artifacts adorn the pale-green walls, and there are plenty of windows to let in natural light. The lodge maintains an on-site garden and a game farm just outside Calgary, and smoked, cured, or roasted wild game is a specialty. Try the Reuben made with grilled elk ham, Appenzeller cheese, and house-made sauerkraut for lunch or the elk striploin with root vegetable fricassee for dinner. The wine list is extensive.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Finally got to take our long-awaited trip to Banff and Jasper, after having to cancel our original plans in June (right during the flooding.) I will try to be brief and cover just the highlights.
Who: Read more
- Booked a regional jet from SFO to Calgary through United, which is run by SkyWest. Read more
Background: I volunteered to watch/bond with my 7-year old nephew while his mom and my other sister do "girl" things (I'm assuming spa, tea, and the like) in Banff in February. Read more
· News & Features
Visitors in the know about Disney's new parks system are sure to experience a much smoother vacation tha... Read more
Mexico City's art scene is vibrant, solid, and ever-flourishing.... Read more
Last week, JW Marriott Hanoi debuted in Hanoi, Vietnam, following in the footsteps of two other JW Marrio... Read more