- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Sleeping Buffalo
The Sleeping Buffalo Review
Located in the main building of the Buffalo Mountain Lodge, this rustic dining room serves Rocky Mountain cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner made from fresh berries, regional vegetables, fresh herbs, wild game, and locally produced meats. Historic photos and native artifacts adorn the pale-green walls, and there are plenty of windows to let in natural light. The lodge maintains an on-site garden and a game farm just outside Calgary, and smoked, cured, or roasted wild game is a specialty. Try the Reuben made with grilled elk ham, Appenzeller cheese, and house-made sauerkraut for lunch or the elk striploin with root vegetable fricassee for dinner. The wine list is extensive.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Finally got to take our long-awaited trip to Banff and Jasper, after having to cancel our original plans in June (right during the flooding.) I will try to be brief and cover just the highlights.
Who: Read more
- Booked a regional jet from SFO to Calgary through United, which is run by SkyWest. Read more
I heard a lot about Waterton National Park, and planning to pay a visit there in month of August (solo).
What do you all say about that,Any tips for the transportation to reach there as i am planning from Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more