- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Sleeping Buffalo
The Sleeping Buffalo Review
Located in the main building of the Buffalo Mountain Lodge, this rustic dining room serves Rocky Mountain cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner made from fresh berries, regional vegetables, fresh herbs, wild game, and locally produced meats. Historic photos and native artifacts adorn the pale-green walls, and there are plenty of windows to let in natural light. The lodge maintains an on-site garden and a game farm just outside Calgary, and smoked, cured, or roasted wild game is a specialty. Try the Reuben made with grilled elk ham, Appenzeller cheese, and house-made sauerkraut for lunch or the elk striploin with root vegetable fricassee for dinner. The wine list is extensive.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Finally got to take our long-awaited trip to Banff and Jasper, after having to cancel our original plans in June (right during the flooding.) I will try to be brief and cover just the highlights.
Who: Read more
- Booked a regional jet from SFO to Calgary through United, which is run by SkyWest. Read more
I am travelling to Banff for the first time in January 2015 as a couple (both 21) we plan on staying for 10 nights and skiing for 7 days while we are there. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more