- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets
At a Glance
- large indoor playground and water park
- kitchen facilities
- you need to drive to town
- rustic older accommodation, abundance of children
Check Rates from our Partners
Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Review
A top pick with families, this resort has condo-style and chalet-style accommodations with fully equipped kitchens, a huge indoor water park, and an indoor playground. The water park has two waterslides, a swimming pool, a kiddie pool, two hot tubs, a sauna, and a steam room. Nearby is a fitness room where you can work out while watching the kids play. Outside is a basketball court and a barbecue area. The rooms range from bachelor suites for two people to one-bedroom lofts with separate kitchens and living rooms that accommodate six comfortably. You might also choose one of the A-frame chalets with multiple bedrooms. No matter the option, the units aren't fancy—just clean and comfortable, with basic wooden furnishings. Most rooms have wood-burning fireplaces and balconies or patios.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Finally got to take our long-awaited trip to Banff and Jasper, after having to cancel our original plans in June (right during the flooding.) I will try to be brief and cover just the highlights.
Who: Read more
- Booked a regional jet from SFO to Calgary through United, which is run by SkyWest. Read more
I heard a lot about Waterton National Park, and planning to pay a visit there in month of August (solo).
What do you all say about that,Any tips for the transportation to reach there as i am planning from Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more