- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets
At a Glance
- large indoor playground and water park
- kitchen facilities
- you need to drive to town
- rustic older accommodation, abundance of children
Check Rates from our Partners
Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets Review
A top pick with families, this resort has condo-style and chalet-style accommodations with fully equipped kitchens, a huge indoor water park, and an indoor playground. The water park has two waterslides, a swimming pool, a kiddie pool, two hot tubs, a sauna, and a steam room. Nearby is a fitness room where you can work out while watching the kids play. Outside is a basketball court and a barbecue area. The rooms range from bachelor suites for two people to one-bedroom lofts with separate kitchens and living rooms that accommodate six comfortably. You might also choose one of the A-frame chalets with multiple bedrooms. No matter the option, the units aren't fancy—just clean and comfortable, with basic wooden furnishings. Most rooms have wood-burning fireplaces and balconies or patios.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Finally got to take our long-awaited trip to Banff and Jasper, after having to cancel our original plans in June (right during the flooding.) I will try to be brief and cover just the highlights.
Who: Read more
- Booked a regional jet from SFO to Calgary through United, which is run by SkyWest. Read more
We're a 2 adult, 2 kid (boy 6, girl 3) Canadian (GTA) family wanting to camp (tent trailer) west to BC to visit friends. Read more
· News & Features
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more