- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Banff Centre Review
Most of the cultural activities in the Canadian Rockies take place in and around Banff, and the hub of that activity is at these 16 buildings spread across 43 acres. The center presents a performing-arts grab bag of pop and classical music, theater, and dance throughout the year.
Banff Arts Festival. The season peaks in summer with the monthlong Banff Arts Festival, with concerts, performances, films, and discussions. 403/762-6300.
Walter Phillips Gallery. The Walter Phillips Gallery, part of the Banff Centre, showcases contemporary artworks by Canadian and international artists. 403/762-6281. Free. Tues., Wed., and Fri.-Sun. noon-5, Thurs. noon-9.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $227* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Baltimore (One Way) Air Canada
- $649 & up -- 7-Night New England Cruise on Holland America American Express Travel
The Canadian Rockies had been high on my list for years, and I could hardly believe my good luck when I was invited to present a workshop there in conjunction with the Canmore Folk Festival. Read more
This is about travel to Canmore and Banff, but the primary purpose of the trip was skiing, so apologies to those not interested in the ski specific comments below:
Several years ago, DD3 broke a bone Read more
I am in a dilema and need some sensible comments about our trip this summer to Vancouver. Read more
· News & Features
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side, ... Read more
A sculpture of a Greek goddess welcomes you in from the streets of London's Soho neighborhood.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more