- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fairmont Banff Springs
At a Glance
- many amenities
- historical property
- costly rooms and dining
Check Rates from our Partners
Fairmont Banff Springs Review
Affectionately known as "The Castle in the Rockies," this massive hotel built by the Canadian Pacific Railway in 1888 marked the beginning of Banff's tourism boom and remains an oasis of historic elegance. With magnificent views of the Bow River and the surrounding mountains and an abundance of modern amenities, it is a destination in itself. Pampering is a form of art at the world-class Willow Stream spa. Restaurants, bars, and lounges of varying formality and cuisine create a small culinary universe. Rates decrease substantially off-season. If you join the free Fairmont's President's Club prior to your visit, then during your stay you can enjoy complimentary access to the Internet and health club, a free shoe shine, and discounts at the spa. Riding stables and a championship golf course can be found on the extensive grounds.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Finally got to take our long-awaited trip to Banff and Jasper, after having to cancel our original plans in June (right during the flooding.) I will try to be brief and cover just the highlights.
Who: Read more
- Booked a regional jet from SFO to Calgary through United, which is run by SkyWest. Read more
I am travelling to Banff for the first time in January 2015 as a couple (both 21) we plan on staying for 10 nights and skiing for 7 days while we are there. Read more
· News & Features
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more