- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Cave and Basin National Historic Site
Cave and Basin National Historic Site Review
This site commemorates the birthplace of Canada's national parks system, which began with the protection of the Banff hot springs in 1885. The site underwent a three-year, C$13.8-million renovation and reopened in May 2013. You'll find restored historic buildings, a new plaza, and great interpretive displays about Banff and the other national parks in Canada. An interpretive trail explains the area's geology and plant life and offers information on the wildlife and history of Banff national park. While visiting the cave and walking past the warm mineral pools, keep an eye out for the most endangered species in the park, the Banff snail, which makes its home in the warm mineral waters and cannot be found anywhere else in the world.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Finally got to take our long-awaited trip to Banff and Jasper, after having to cancel our original plans in June (right during the flooding.) I will try to be brief and cover just the highlights.
Who: Read more
- Booked a regional jet from SFO to Calgary through United, which is run by SkyWest. Read more
I heard a lot about Waterton National Park, and planning to pay a visit there in month of August (solo).
What do you all say about that,Any tips for the transportation to reach there as i am planning from Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more