- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fairmont Banff Springs
Fairmont Banff Springs Review
This hotel, 2 km (1 mile) south of downtown Banff, is the town's architectural showpiece and a National Historic Site. Built in 1888, the hotel is easily recognized by its castle-like exterior. Heritage Hall, a small, free museum above the Grand Lobby, has rotating exhibits on the area's history and is open daily from 9 to 9. Historical tours are offered Tuesday through Saturday at 3 pm and are free for hotel guests or C$15 for nonguests.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Finally got to take our long-awaited trip to Banff and Jasper, after having to cancel our original plans in June (right during the flooding.) I will try to be brief and cover just the highlights.
Who: Read more
- Booked a regional jet from SFO to Calgary through United, which is run by SkyWest. Read more
Me and my husband plan to have a driving trip from Vancouver to Jasper, Banff, Glacier, Lake Louise.......and Whistler if time available. We are from Toronto and this is our first driving trip. Exciting Read more
· News & Features
Navigate the chaotic street food scene of Ho Chi Minh City like a pro with our quick guide to no-fuss ... Read more
Come for the beautiful architecture and stay for the vibrant local culture.... Read more
A look at ultra-luxurious airline accomodations and a fascinating visual breakdown of literary storytelling are... Read more