Banff National Park Feature
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Banff National Park
Scenery: Visitors are often unprepared for the sheer scale of the Canadian Rockies. Scattered between the peaks are glaciers, forests, valleys, meadows, rivers, and the bluest lakes of the planet.
Spectacular ski slopes: Lake Louise Mountain Resort is Canada's largest single ski area, with skiing on four mountain faces, 4,200 skiable acres, and 113 named trails—and that's only one of the three ski resorts in Banff.
Trails galore: More than 1,600 km (1,000 mi) of defined hiking trails in the park lead to scenic lakes, alpine meadows, glaciers, forests, and deep canyons.
Banff Upper Hot Springs: Relax in naturally hot mineral springs as you watch snowflakes swirl around you, or gaze at the stars as you "take the waters" on a cool summer's evening.
Icefields Parkway: One of the most scenic drives on the continent, this 230-km (143-mi) roadway links Banff and Jasper.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $227* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Baltimore (One Way) Air Canada
- $649 & up -- 7-Night New England Cruise on Holland America American Express Travel