Bicycling in Banff National Park
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The biking season typically runs from May through October and the more than 189 km (118 mi) of mountain-bike trails include those suitable for beginners and advanced bikers. Bikers and hikers often share the trails in the park, with hikers having the right-of-way. Those who wish to enjoy free riding or down-hilling should go to nearby areas like Calgary's Canada Olympic Park, Fernie, or Golden. Those riders who like pavement can choose from a wide variety of scenic rides that run from a few hours to several days in length. Shorter rides include the Bow Lake trail, Vermillion Lakes Drive, and the loop around Tunnel Mountain.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's