Air Tours in Banff National Park
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Outfitters and Expeditions
Alpine Helicopters. Helicopter sightseeing and heli-hiking in the Canadian Rockies are the specialty at Alpine Helicopters. 91 Bow Valley Tr., Canmore, AB, T1W 1N8. 403/678–4802. www.alpinehelicopter.com.
CMH. This company can arrange multiday heli-hiking, heli-mountaineering, and heli-skiing with accommodation in remote mountain lodges. 217 Bear St., Banff, AB, T1L 1J6. 403/762–7100 or 800/661–0252. www.canadianmountainholidays.com.
Icefield Helicopter Tours. Soar above the Columbia Icefields with Icefield Helicopter Tours, an outfitter that not only offers helicopter tours but has heli-yoga, heli-horseback riding, heli-hiking, and heli-fishing. Flights take off from the company's base in the Kootenay Plains area of Alberta, just north of Lake Louise. 403/721–2100 or. www.icefieldheli.com. Tours $59–$589 per person.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe