Air Tours in Banff National Park
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Outfitters and Expeditions
Alpine Helicopters. Helicopter sightseeing and heli-hiking in the Canadian Rockies are the specialty at Alpine Helicopters. 91 Bow Valley Tr., Canmore, AB, T1W 1N8. 403/678-4802. www.alpinehelicopter.com.
CMH. This company can arrange multiday heli-hiking, heli-mountaineering, and heli-skiing with accommodation in remote mountain lodges. 217 Bear St., Banff, AB, T1L 1J6. 403/762-7100 or 800/661-0252. www.canadianmountainholidays.com.
Icefield Helicopter Tours. Soar above the Columbia Icefields with Icefield Helicopter Tours, an outfitter that not only offers helicopter tours but has heli-yoga, heli-horseback riding, heli-hiking, and heli-fishing. Flights take off from the company's base in the Kootenay Plains area of Alberta, just north of Lake Louise. Lake Louise, AB, T0L 1E0. 403/721-2100 or. firstname.lastname@example.org. www.icefieldheli.com. Tours $59-$589 per person.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $227* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Baltimore (One Way) Air Canada
- $649 & up -- 7-Night New England Cruise on Holland America American Express Travel