Banff National Park Travel Guide
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Plan Your Banff National Park Vacation
Comparing mountains is a subjective and imprecise business. Yet few would deny that the Canadian Rockies are one of the most extravagantly beautiful ranges on Earth. The mountains and vast stretches of wilderness that make up the birthplace of Canada's first national park offer stunning scenery of glaciers, lakes, valleys, and snowcapped mountain peaks. Large mammals such as deer and elk can be observed in all seasons from the roadside.
The lodgings in Banff comprise an eclectic list that includes backcountry lodges without electricity or running water, campgrounds, hostels with shared...read more
There are more than 100 eateries in Banff National Park, and visitors have a wide range of dining options—from fast-food outlets to chain restaurants to...read more
Things To Do in Banff National Park
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Scenery: Visitors are often unprepared for the sheer scale of the Canadian Rockies. Scattered between the peaks are glaciers, forests, valleys... Read more
Awesome forces of nature combined to thrust wildly folded sedimentary and metamorphic rock up into ragged peaks and high cliffs. Add glaciers... Read more
Parks Canada operates 13 campgrounds in Banff National Park (not including backcountry sites for backpackers and climbers). The camping season... Read more
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Finally got to take our long-awaited trip to Banff and Jasper, after having to cancel our original plans in June (right during the flooding.) I will try to be brief and cover just the highlights.
Who: Read more
- Booked a regional jet from SFO to Calgary through United, which is run by SkyWest. Read more