Panama has a value-added sales tax (IVA) of 7%, which is usually included in the displayed price. No tax-refund scheme exists for visitors. Hotels also have a 10% tax. Visitors departing by air are charged an exit tax of $40, though this is usually included in your ticket.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe