Electrical current in Panama is 110 volts, the same as in the United States. Outlets take either plugs with two flat prongs or two flat prongs with a circular grounded prong. No converters or adapters are needed.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $955 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/Air LatinEscapes.com
- $999 -- Panama Canal 14-Night Cruise, $200 Off Norwegian Cruise Line
- $1099 & up -- 11-Nt. Panama Canal Cruise, R/T Ft. Lauderdale — $1,099 American Express Travel