- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
There are certainly safety issues in Colón, which you shouldn't explore on foot. When hiking through the forest, always be careful where you put your hand and your feet, because there are poisonous snakes and stinging insects. If you slip on a muddy trail in the rain forest, resist the temptation to grab the nearest branch, because palms with spiny trunks are relatively common. If there are big waves at any beach you visit, don't go in unless you are an expert swimmer, because waves can create dangerous currents. The sun intensity at these latitudes means sunscreen and a brimmed hat are musts.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's