- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Credit cards are widely accepted in this region, except for at the smaller restaurants and hotels. ATM distribution is less uniform outside of Panama City, so it is often a good idea to stock up on cash before exploring the Central Pacific's rural reaches. The only ATMs near the Caribbean Coast's attractions are in and around Colón, whereas the eastern sierras and Pacific islands have no ATMs, so get cash before driving east or boarding the ferry or plane to Islas Taboga or Contadora. There are ATMs in the Albrook Airport terminal and at the Brisas de Amador shopping center, near the Taboga ferry dock, as well as in the lobby of the Gamboa Rainforest Resort, the Gatún Locks, in the Super 99 supermarket in Colón 2000, and the El Rey supermarket in Sabanitas. To the west of Panama City, you can find ATMs in the El Rey Supermarket at the entrance to Coronado, one block north of the Royal Decameron Beach Resort, in the lobby of the Playa Blanca Resort, on the Avenida Principal of El Valle, and the shopping center by the Bristol Buenaventura.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's