- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Renting a car is an easy way to visit many of the Central Pacific sites, because there are paved roads to just about everything but the islands. Cars can be rented in Panama City and Colón. Rentals usually cost $40 to $50 per day, whereas 4WD vehicles cost $60 to $70, plus insurance. Most major car-rental companies have offices in Panama City; only Budget and Hertz have offices in Colón, both at the Colón 2000 cruise port.
Budget (Colón 2000, Paseo Gorgas Av., Colón. 507/441–7161. www.budget.com.)
Hertz (Colón 2000, Paseo Gorgas Av., Colón. 507/441–3272. www.hertz.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's