- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
It's an easy one-hour drive to Sierra Llorona from Panama City. Follow directions for Colón and turn right where the toll road ends, at a sign for Santa Arriba and Sierra Llorona, from where it's a 4½-km (3-mile) drive up a narrow, windy road. In the rainy season a four-wheel-drive vehicle is recommended for the last stretch. The Sierra Llorona Lodge has detailed instructions on its website and can arrange transportation for guests.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/Air LatinEscapes.com