- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's In Focus Panama
Playa Blanca Hotel and Resort
At a Glance
- on the beach
- nice rooms
- low-season discounts
- mediocre food
- inconsistent service
- can be noisy
Check Rates from our Partners
Playa Blanca Hotel and Resort Review
The smallest of Playa Blanca's all-inclusive beach resorts, this Mediterranean-style hotel has attractive rooms in two-story buildings scattered around sunny grounds, just steps away from a wide beach. Because the hotel is next to a river mouth, the ocean is sometimes murky, but there are two large pools. Guest rooms are bright and spacious, with wooden furniture and balconies, some of them quite small, though the best ground-floor rooms have terraces. There are a few rooms that have ocean views, but they are worth the additional $35. Unfortunately, there is often music blasting by day and the nightly "entertainment" performed by the pool is also rather loud. An aquatic center provides free kayaks and pedal boats, rents motorized watercraft, and sells an array of tours.
- Address: 116 km (72 miles) west of Panama City on Careterra Interamericana, turn left after airport, Playa Blanca | Map It
- Phone: 507/993–2910; 507/264–6444
- Website: www.playablancaresort.com
- Location: Playa Farallón (Playa Blanca)
- 219 rooms, 3 suites.
- Rate includes all-inclusive.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Recently I wrote up a trip report:
Here are the pictures that go along with that report (i Read more
In early February of this year we spent 9 nights in Panama (4 in Gamboa on the canal, 4 in the western (Chiriqui) highlands, and 1 last night on Ancon Hill in Panama city). Read more
We plan on spending a week here (on the ground) and would like to do Panama City and one other destination where we can hike, horseback ride, kayak and/or white water raft, etc. Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach ... Read more
Ace Hotels are bringing their signature brand of hip, clubhouse-style hotels even further afield this... Read more
Want to know a cruising secret?... Read more