- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Restaurante Los Cañones
Restaurante Los Cañones Review
This rambling restaurant with tables among palm trees and Caribbean views is one of Panama's most attractive lunch spots. The food and service fall a little short of the setting, but not so far that you'd want to scratch it from your list. In good weather, dine at tables edging the sea surrounded by dark boulders and lush foliage. The other option is the open-air restaurant, decorated with shells, buoys, and driftwood, with a decent view of the bay and forested hills. House specialties include pescado entero (whole fried snapper), langosta al ajillo (lobster scampi), and centolla al jengibre (king crab in a ginger sauce).
- Address: 2 km (1 mi) before Portobelo on left, Portobelo
- Phone: 507/448–2980
- Location: Portobelo
- No credit cards.
- Closes at 7 pm.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Here is the 4 minute video of my trip:
Airfare costs $450 (Flew 1 way into Panama, and 1 way out of Honduras) through Spirit Airlines. Not great but does the Read more
Our group of 6 adults just returned from our first trip with 8 days in Panama. Read more
So being the adventurous type and only having 15 days to explore, I have come up with the idea that is a little out there. Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach... Read more
Ace Hotels are bringing their signature brand of hip, clubhouse-style hotels even further afield this... Read more
Want to know a cruising secret?... Read more