- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's In Focus Panama
Coronado Golf & Beach Club
At a Glance
- golf course
- spacious rooms
- ample facilities
- not on a beach
- very busy on weekends
Check Rates from our Partners
Coronado Golf & Beach Club Review
Both a hotel and a private club, this resort has an 18-hole golf course, tennis courts, a large pool, an equestrian center, and a small beach club a 10-minute drive away. Spacious guest rooms are in a series of two-story, Spanish-style buildings scattered around ample grounds with common gardens, porches, and lawns. All rooms are designed for families, with bedrooms that can be separated from the living room, and have sofa beds, wicker furniture, and big windows. "Garden suites" have one bedroom and two sofa beds; "Royal suites" have two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a large balcony; and "Residential suites" have the same, plus a full kitchen. A second-floor restaurant serves dinner only, but the spacious open-air restaurant by the pool serves three meals per day. There is also a restaurant at the beach club, nearly a kilometer (½-mi) away, but they will shuttle you there.
- Address: Playa Coronado, Av. Punta Prieta, left at Brigada de Bomberos Playa Coronado | Map It
- Phone: 507/264–3134; 507/264–3164 in Panama City; 866/465–3207 in the U.S.
- Website: www.coronadoresort.com
- Location: Playa Coronado
- 78 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Recently I wrote up a trip report:
Here are the pictures that go along with that report (i Read more
In early February of this year we spent 9 nights in Panama (4 in Gamboa on the canal, 4 in the western (Chiriqui) highlands, and 1 last night on Ancon Hill in Panama city). Read more
We plan on spending a week here (on the ground) and would like to do Panama City and one other destination where we can hike, horseback ride, kayak and/or white water raft, etc. Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach ... Read more
Ace Hotels are bringing their signature brand of hip, clubhouse-style hotels even further afield this... Read more
Want to know a cruising secret?... Read more