- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Portobelo is a 90-minute drive from Panama City and a mere 40 minutes from Colón. To drive there from Panama City, follow the directions to Colón but turn right after 60 km (37 miles), at the town of Sabanitas; from there it's 39 km (24 miles) to Portobelo. From Colón, head south toward Panama City for 15 km (9 miles) and turn left at Sabanitas. There is no reason to go to Colón on your way to Portobelo, unless you take the Panama Canal Railway, in which case hire a taxi or rent a car and drive to Portobelo.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's