- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The bird-watching is quite good at the edge of town and around the ruins. Bird-watchers may want to hire one of the boatmen who hang out around the docks near Batería Santiago and Fuerte San Jerónimo to take them into the estuary behind town, which should cost $20.
More Sports and Outdoors
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/Air LatinEscapes.com