- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Soberanía is an easy drive from Panama City and is reached by following the same route for Summit and Gamboa. Shortly after the Summit Golf Club the road passes under the railroad and comes to an intersection where a left turn will put you on the road to Gamboa and most of the park's trails. If you want to hike the Camino Cruces trail, you should head straight at that intersection, toward Chilibre, and drive 6 km (3½ miles) to a parking area with picnic tables on your left, behind which is the trail. Turn left for the Plantation Road, which is on the right 3 km (1½ miles) past the Parque Natural Summit, at the entrance to the Canopy Tower. The dirt Plantation Road heads left from that entrance road almost immediately. The Sendero Los Charcos is on the right 2 km (1 mile) after the Plantation Road. The Pipeline Road begins in Gamboa, at the end of the main road, past the dredging division and town. A taxi should charge $20–$25 to drop you off at any of these trails and buses to Gamboa depart from the terminal in Albrook every two hours. You're better off driving here, but you'll see and understand much more if you book a tour with an ecotourism company.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's