- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Camino Real. Serious hikers can trek deep into the jungles of Parque Nacional Chagres by following the old Camino Real across the mountains to the Caribbean coast. Spanish colonists built the ""Royal Road"" in the 16th century to carry gold and other goods between Panamá Viejo and the Caribbean port of Nombre de Dios, and most of that route remains surrounded by lush rain forest. Weeklong trips organized by Ancon Expeditions (269–9415 www.anconexpeditions.com) include visits to colonial ruins and an Emberá village and several nights in tent camps in the national park.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's