- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
A pleasant 60-minute ferry ride from the Amador Causeway takes you far from the traffic jams of Panama City to the tranquil isle of Taboga. The island lies close to the city, so most people visit on day trips, but it does have hotels.
Barcos Calypso Taboga. Barcos Calypso Taboga has a daily ferry service to Taboga from the marina on Isla Naos, on the Calzada de Amador. The trip takes one hour. The ferry departs Isla Naos at 8:30, Monday–Thursday; Friday at 8:30 and 3; and weekends and holidays at 8, 10:30, and 4. The ferry departs Taboga from the pier on the west end of town at 4:30, Monday–Thrusday; Friday at 9:30 and 4:30; and weekends and holidays at 9, 3, and 5. On weekends and holidays you should arrive at least 30 minutes before departure to buy your ticket. Marina Isla Naos, Isla Taboga. 507/314–1730.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's