Getting Here and Around in Isla Contadora
Getting Here and Around
Sea Las Perlas runs a daily ferry between Panama City and Contadora, departing the Calzada de Amador at 8 am, and returning at 2:45. The trip takes 90 minutes. Panama's domestic airline, Air Panama, has daily flights to Contadora (OTD) from Aeropuerto Marcos A. Gelabert (Aeropuerto Albrook). The flight takes 25 minutes.
Air Panama. Air Panama has an 8:30 am flight from the Albrook airport to Contadora every day except Sunday, returning at 9:00, and a 4:30 pm flight on Friday and Sunday, returning at 5. 507/316–900; 507/250–4009 on Contadora. www.flyairpanama.com.
Sea Las Perlas. This catamaran ferry makes the trip between Isla Perico, on the Amador Causeway, to Isla Contadora in 90 minutes. The ferry departs from the Brisas del Amador parking lot, on Isla Perico, daily at 8 am (you should arrive between 7 and 7:30), and returns at 3 pm. From July to October, you may see whales during the trip. Brisas de Amador, Isla Perico, Calzada de Amador, Panama City. 507/391–1424 or 507/6780–8000. www.sealasperlas.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's