- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Gamboa is an easy 40-minute drive from Panama City. Follow the signs from Avenida Balboa or Avenida Central to Albrook, veer right onto Avenida Omar Torrijos at the traffic circle and follow it north into the forest. Shortly after driving under a railroad bridge, turn left and stay on that road all the way to the one-way bridge over the Chagres River. Turn right just after the bridge for the Rainforest Resort and Los Lagartos restaurant, or continue straight ahead for the Pipeline Road and STRI dock. A taxi from Panama City should charge $20-$25 to drop you off here. SACSA buses depart from the Terminal de Transport in Albrook every two hours from 6 am to 6 pm.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe