- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Gatún Lake is full of feisty peacock bass and also has snook and tarpon, adding up to excellent sportfishing. Charters depart from Gamboa's two marinas.
Gamboa Rainforest Resort. The Gamboa Rainforest Resort offers guests peacock bass-fishing charters on Gatun Lake for $200 for 3 hours and $280 for 6 hours. Gamboa. 507/314–5000. www.gamboresort.com.
Panama Canal Fishing. Panama Canal Fishing is the best operator for fishing on Gatún Lake. An all-inclusive day of fishing on the Hurricane Fundeck with swivel chairs on the bow costs $445 per boat. Gamboa. 507/315–1905 or 507/6678–2653. www.panamacanalfishing.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's