- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
El Valle is 125 km (75 miles) southwest from Panama City, about two hours by car, on good roads. To drive, take the Carretera Interamericana west for 98 km (59 miles) to Las Uvas, where you turn right and drive 28 km (17 miles) north on a narrow, winding road. Buses to El Valle depart from the Terminal de Buses in Albrook every hour and cost $4, but they take almost three hours. Taxis hang out at the Mercado during the day, and charge $1-$2 for most trips within the valley.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe