- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Canopy Adventure. Adventure seekers will want to try the Canopy Adventure, an installation affiliated with the Canopy Tower Ecolodge in Parque Nacional Soberanía. It takes you—you're strapped in with a very secure harness—flying through the forest canopy and over a 115-foot waterfall via zip-line cables strung between four platforms high in trees. The tour ($54) is in the Refugio Ecológico del Chorro Macho, a private reserve a few kilometers northwest of El Valle. This is more adrenaline rush than nature tour, though you do pass through some gorgeous rain forest scenery. The tour takes about 90 minutes and begins with a 30-minute hike to the first platform. El Valle. 507/983–6547. www.canopytower.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe