- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Driving a car in Panama City is not an undertaking for the meek, but renting a car is an excellent way to explore the surrounding countryside. Rentals usually cost $40 to $50 per day, whereas four-wheel-drive vehicles cost $60 to $90. All the big car-rental companies offer GPS rentals, and have offices downtown and at the airports.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe