- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Timing and Precautions
As with any outdoor attraction in often-sweltering Panama City, it's best to visit Panamá Viejo first thing in the morning or later in the afternoon. The museum closes at 4 pm, so make sure this is one of your first stops. The ruins are patrolled by tourism police on mountain bikes, but the neighborhood is less tourist-friendly, so don't wander too far from the main road—Vía Cincuentenaria—and the Plaza Mayor.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's